Health & fitness

Can you bulk and cut at the same time?

bulk and cut at the same time

BULK AND CUT AT THE SAME TIME

A popular misunderstanding among hard-gainers is that bulking and cutting are two very different phases of bodybuilding as they require completely opposite diet plans and workout. But you can bulk and cut at the same time.

Some people say that muscle building phase requires a high-calorie diet and fat burning phase requires a calorie deficit diet.

It’s a big myth and the fact is that they can both be done at the same time if you take the right approach to your workout and nutrition.
But how are you gonna do that? Let’s talk about that.

DIET

So, the first thing is muscle gaining doesn’t require a high-calorie diet! What you really need in order to bulk and cut at the same time is nutrient dense and calorie deficit food. And nutrient dense food doesn’t only means high protein food! Also, add some foods which can sky rocket your metabolism.

40-50 grams of high-quality protein per day is optimum, plus you need to add a limited amount(12-15 grams a day) of saturated fats in your diet.

Supplements are always good, you may include supplements like Whey Protein, Creatine, Omega-3, and CLA. These supplements will help you fulfill your nutrient requirement and they’ll also help you to lose fat.

EXERCISE

In order to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, you should be performing a workout that comprises of 70% of weight training(mostly compound movements) and the rest 30% of high-intensity interval cardio.
Compound movements and HIIT are some of the best exercises you can do if you want to build muscle and lose fat too!


Also, try to keep your testosterone levels at peak. An increased amount of this hormone is going to help you increase muscle mass as well as decrease body fat.

Following this type of routine is not only going to help you add lean muscle, it is also going to promote athleticism.
Bulking doesn’t mean increasing your weight, it means adding lean muscles.
You can bulk up fast but you don’t have to be fat for a half of the year to do this!

Don’t forget to keep a track of your body fat percentage. Measure your body fat without calipers.

Image source: Google images

You may also like Best bicep workout.

Also, Don’t Forget To Visit Us On Facebook!

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top